After a very topsy-turvy month of Novemember and beginning of December, Aaron and I are finally in Utah! We packed up most of our house, put it in a Penske truck and drove the almost 1700 miles from Ohio to Utah. We owe a big thank you to Phillip, Aaron’s brother for helping us pack, and Garry, Aaron’s dad, for helping pack the truck and helping drive the truck, and Jeree, my mom, for helping me drive my car and helping us get settled. We also say thank you to all our friends who helped us pack up the boxes on and off for the weeks previous to our move.
We are living in a basement apartment right now. We have two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a living room. We decided on this temporary living arrangement so that we could get to know the area before buying a house and settling more permanently. Our land-lady, DeLora, has been very kind and hospitable. She’s offered to teach me to crochet a blanket for our baby! The other nice thing about our living arrangements is that when you open the front door, there are mountains surrounding us! They are absolutely beautiful.
Aaron has now started his second week of work. He really enjoys his new job and his new co-workers. He loves having lunch with them and throwing out little nuggets of truth whenever possible. I’ve met a couple of them when going to pick up Aaron from work, and they’ve all been very nice.
Aaron took me to Temple Square in Salt Lake City on Saturday. We weren’t able to do everything we wanted but it did help me to grasp a little more about the religion. It was amazing to see the number of people there, wanting to see the lights and checking out other exhibits as well. So many people deceived about who Christ is.
We’re sorry if you sent us something in Ohio, and it was returned. We were unaware that our mail would sometimes not be forwarded out of state.
Please be in prayer for:
- Stacie, who is still struggling with morning sickness; that she can find a job.
- Our house in Ohio to sell quickly.
- Aaron to finish his Ohio contract work, and continue to enjoy his new job.
- Us to be oriented with our new home, our basement apartment.
- Us to find a church family, where the Word of God is preached and local evangelism is taken seriously and without shame.
- The development of MormonWiki.org.
- Us to cultivate habits of prayer and meditation upon God’s word.
- Us to be jealous for God to be glorified in Utah.
- Us to love the people like Christ does.
- A door to be clearly opened for mass, public evangelism.