So, we’ve been in Utah now for a month and a half. We’re beginning to get more and more settled into the area and life out west. The initial adjustment has been tough due to my continuing morning sickness. Now that I’m well into my second trimester, we both continually hope that I will not be sick as often and that it will go away completely. And that I’ll be able to begin cooking again! I have recently been hired at Kiddie Kadids and will soon start my training. I am really excited about the part-time job, it will help to get out of the apartment more and get to know others in the area. I’m also excited that I’ll be spending my time taking pictures! I also spent a week in Florida with my family. It was an absolute joy to see them and spend some time with them.
Aaron has been working non-stop for the past 3 or 4 weeks. He’s been going to work full-time and then coming home and spending his evenings and weekends working on the contract work that he received back in Ohio. He’s been working so hard, and we hope that the contract will be done shortly so that he will have more free time to do missionary work.
We’ve found a church that we both love, Lighthouse Baptist Church. It’s a brand new church plant, and so is very small, but the people are loving, caring and open. There’s no one in the congregation our age, but we still enjoy our brothers and sisters! I will begin serving in the nursery once a month in February. And Aaron has gone door-to-door sharing the gospel with the pastor, Matt. (Hopefully when the contract work is done, he will be able to do this more often.) Aaron is looking forward to the end of winter when outdoor evangelism will pick up momentum. Part of what we like about the church is that they are excited about evangelism to the people of Utah. And we hope and pray that God will bless the church with many, many converts!
Please pray for:
- Stacie’s continuing bout with morning sickness
- That the Lord blesses us with a healthy, full-term baby
- Our house in Ohio to sell quickly
- We will be settled into a townhouse of our own by Easter
- That Aaron will finish his contract work soon
- The development of MormonWiki.org
- Us to cultivate continual habits of prayer and meditation upon God’s word
- Us to be jealous for God to be glorified in Utah.
- Us to love the people like Christ does.
- A door to be clearly opened for mass, public evangelism.
Grace and peace in Christ!
Aaron and Stacie